The American Kennel Club is very excited and wants to tell you all about their latest plan.
For the past one hundred twenty five years, the American Kennel Club has been the nation's premier advocate for dogs and the people who love them. Today, we are delighted to tell you that AKC can now act even more broadly and effectively as the dog's champion. Our Board of Directors has voted unanimously to proceed with a program for mixed breed dogs.
It seems that that for $35 they'll now register your mixed breed dog.
- No, you cannot show it. You cannot show a mixed-breed dog because mixed-breed dogs are, by definition, ugly. My God, if you go down that road, what will be next: allowing non-whites to compete in beauty contests?
- No you cannot breed it. Mixed breeds must be spayed and neutered. Mandatory! They are, after all, God's mistake.
- No, there is no mention of being able to compete a mixed-breed dog in a working or hunting dog trial. Think it through: what if a
mixed-racemixed breed dog won a working trial? The humiliation! We could never allow that to happen.
- Yes, your dog can compete in agility, obedience and rally, but only at stand-alone events, and never at All Breed Shows, Group Shows, or independent specialties. The AKC discourages race-mixing.
- No, your dog will not be able to compete directly with AKC dogs. Mixed breed dogs will compete in separate class divisions from AKC purebred dogs. Be happy we even allow you to sit at the back of the bus.
Best off of all: You get a window sticker for your car and a chance to buy pet insurance from the AKC!
Who can resist that offer!
Remember: The AKC is your dog's best friend, but NO INTEGRATION!
- Related Link
** The Eugenics Man at the Kennel Club