Friday, April 06, 2007

Mitt Romney Fires, Aims, and Flops Over Wounded




Back in a post about "L'affaire Zumbo,"
I noted that U.S. politicians seem to routinely die on top of marmot mounds.

The latest politician to be crucified on a mole hill (a reference to Golgotha for you Biblical illiterates) is Mitt Romney.

Here's how the Associated Press put it:


Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is taking a second shot at describing his hunting experience.

The former Massachusetts governor has called himself a lifelong hunter, yet his campaign acknowledged that he has been on just two hunting trips -- one when he was 15 and the other just last year.

Campaigning in Indianapolis on Thursday, Romney said he has hunted small game since his youth.

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear," he said. "I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."


For the record, I do not think you have to have a gun to hunt, nor do I think you have to be an NRA member to be a hunter, nor do I think big game hunting is a test of anything.

That said, by the time a man is 30, he should know who he is and stick pretty close to that.

Here's how Doonesbury satirized Romney the political changling:
(click to enlarge)






No comments: