Tuesday, December 22, 2020

New Electric Cargo Bike Arrived and Assembled





I ordered a RadWagon 4 for my wife on September 17, but due to Covid in China, fabrication and shipment was slow and backlogs for everything meant the big steel ship cargo boxes were all booked by bigger customers. No problem -- welcome to a global pandemic. 

The good news is that the bike arrived in fine condition and, after a few hours, I had it assembled and charged. 

The bike has yet to see the street, and no doubt a few minor adjustments will have to be made, but all the lights came on, and the rear wheel went WHIRRRR, so I think we're in business. Not a scratch on it.

This bike has unique 22-inch by 3" tires, which keeps the center of gravity and stand-over height low for my small wife (5'1" and 95 pounds), but everything is adjustable and it will also fit folks up to about 6'4".  

Without pedal assist, my wife should be good for about 45 miles between charges.  The 750-watt geared hub motor is powerful and will push her and any load she has up any hill she will ever see. I am looking forward to cruising Antietam and Gettysburg with her and the dogs.

One thing about e-bikes is that they are heavy, so I had to get a special carrier for the rear hitch of my Ford Escape to accommodate the extra weight of her bike and my Surly Ogre.

No comments: