Tuesday, October 13, 2020

A Second North American Pocket Lurcher

My wife’s very calm North American Pocket Lurcher is going to my son who lost Lucy, his much beloved Pit Bull, to bladder cancer a few weeks ago. 

As some of you may know or remember, Marley, the North American Pocket Lurcher was a rare find and has been my wife’s “love sponge” for the last 6-7 years. It was a big deal for my wife to offer him to my son, but since Lucy and Marley were best buddies, the transfer felt right, and since Austin will be living up the street in a week, it’s not like the dog will be going far. 

But if Marley was going to Austin, what was my wife going to do for a dog? Not a small problem! North American Pocket Lurchers are hard to find. A full history of the breed can be found here.

The problem, of course, landed in my lap and rather miraculously I have come through. 

The new dog is 100 percent North American Pocket Lurcher, female, and four months old. Her pedigree can be traced straight to a dog once owned by Anna Swan the "Quaker Giantess". 

My wife says the new dog’s name is Willow, and the pup is quite flashy, very curious, and full of energy. She has very little leash experience (none), but we’ll get that solved without too much fuss.

Stay tuned!

No comments: