Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mountain Lectures a Raccoon



Mountain pushes a large raccoon to a stop end. The raccoon was released unharmed. The louder barking you hear is Gideon above ground -- he wanted in on this action, but today it was ladies first.

I meant to get a picture of the raccoon (we met when he poked his head out), but I was pretty relaxed and too busy fiddling with the iPhone and the tools and the dog.  As a result, when I pulled Mountain, the raccoon bolted past where it had been held in a stop-end, and zoomed into another part of the sette that I had not yet blocked off. Rather surprisingly, the raccoon then appeared exiting out of another unseen hole another 30 feet away and back past the stop end he had been pushed to, and which was now behind me. What I thought was a very short set actually curved around and back in an entirely surprising direction. Score one for the raccoon!  All good, as this fellow was doing no harm where he was, and I intended to let him go. Catch and release terrier work. No animals were harmed in the making of this movie.
.

No comments: