Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Rocking in the Real World


Link

Funny Story:   I once gave a speech with an American Sign Language interpreter.  She was a very attractive, tall, fit woman with short reddish brown hair who, after the speech, came up and slugged me in the arm.

"Ow!  What was that for?" I asked.

"That's for referencing musical lyrics when I've got deaf people in the audience."

The next time I gave a speech and she was signing, I started the speech by looking right at her.

"I shave my arms and legs from morning to sunset" I said, my eyes firmly fixed on her as she went through the pantomime.

I then explained to the audience that this was my form of pay back.

She was a good sport, and I think she liked the recognition, humor, and the fact that I remembered the message.  And yes, I did know how signing that would look!

No comments: