Tuesday, July 21, 2026

A Triple Dog Dare to the UK Kennel Club



Jemima Harrison has a nice, but quite shocking, autopsy of the recent abysmal change at the UK Kennel Club, where a brave and educated reformer intent on fixing problems was replaced by a charlatan doggy hair-dresser whose life has been spent inbreeding dogs that he parades around on a string lead.  

My words.

See >> https://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.com/2026/07/exclusive-story-behind-boardroom-coup.html? for Jemima’s.

I had hopes for the UK Kennel Club.  As I wrote in January of this year, going through the history up to that point:

“As skeptical and cynical as I always am, I have to say this (new) report is terrific, and Allison Skipper deserves all the roses, as does new Kennel Club Chairman Ian Seath.  Full applause here.  This is Herculean-level stable cleaning.”  See >> https://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2026/01/moving-immovable.html?

Alas, it was not to last 6 month, as the top rungs of the Kennel Club are emotionally, economically, and intellectually diseased due to 150 years of Inbred Thinking.  

Yes, I got it right back in 2006. See >> https://terriermandotcom.blogspot.com/2006/05/inbred-thinking.html?

Where to now?

May I suggest a participation challenge by the British Veterinary Association to the new Chairman and Vice-chair of the UK Kennel Club?

▪️Let Gavin Robertson, the new Chairman of the Kennel Club, and a dog show judge who issues Challenge Certificates in more than 70 breeds, select any UK champion English Bulldog and French Bulldog — two breeds he is said to be “well-known for his expertise in” — for x-ray examination by the British Veterinary Association. Skull and full-body x-rays will be taken, and the unaltered radiographs will be released to press and public to demonstrate the 150-year success of Kennel Club breeders.

▪️ Then let Kennel Club Vice-chair Yvonne Rawley, a breeder of Shih Tzus and Pekingese, select any UK Kennel Club champion in her breeds (they can be her own dogs, or someone elses).  Again, the British Veterinary Association will do skull and full-body x-rays of both dogs, and the unaltered radiographs will be released to press and public to demonstrate the 150-year success of Kennel Club breeders.

The Kennel Club is a SHOW proposition. 

Jemima Harrison SHOWED the dogs in her award-winning documentary, Pedigree Dogs Exposed.  

Now the Kennel Club’s new leadership needs to be formally challenged to SHOW US their success, five generations later, with breeds near and dear to their hearts.

The Kennel Club is an association of expert breeders of dogs?  

SHOW US.

I triple-dog dare ‘ya.

No comments: