Saturday, April 15, 2017

New Boots



I'm famously cheap, and yet I spend a lot of time in boots. In the past I've worn Vasques, Dry Bones, and a half dozen $50 Chinese-jobs. I had a strange pair of green boots from Nike (Nike!) that I wore for years and loved, and the last pair I had (also green) were actually Kodiak Elk Snow boots that were waterpoof.Those boots have started to break up, and so I have taken the plunge to order my first pair of shoes off of Amazon, sight unseen. They came yesterday and look and feel the part. They are Timberland Men's Flume Waterproof Boot -- nothing too expensive, but more than I have paid for boots since my serious hiking days. They feel pretty light, and are properly stiff, and are a darker brown than it appears in the picture. Hopefully a lot of memories will be made in these boots. I'm starting out this morning by moving 5 cubic yards of mulch in them.  Pray for me!

No comments: