In the Lady's left arm is a book, and that book represents the rule of law.
What that means for U.S. Immigration policy, is that while the Lady in the Harbor can never salute illegal immigration, it also can never salute the kind of banana republic unilateral action we now see being undertaken by Donald Trump.
What can you do?
If you go to church, and your minister does not address the issue of turning away a refugee in the Middle East who needs a place to stay, please STAND UP AND ASK HIM or HER TO DO SO. Ask what the Gospels suggest. Ask that the church address this now, and every week, until Easter.`
Spread the Gospel: Luke 10:25-37 and Luke 3:11 and Matthew 25:35-40 and James 2:14-17.
Spread the facts:
- There have been no fatal terror attacks in the U.S. by immigrants from the 7 banned Muslim countries.
- There is no intelligence that refugee admissions are a security threat.
- Refugee entrants to the U.S. undergo two YEARS of screening for admission, while Trump cabinet nominees were screened for only minutes, and still have not complied with basic paperwork requests, such as their tax returns.
- The 9-11 terrorists all came from Saudi Arabia, a country left off the list because Trump has properties there. Also left off the list were all the other countries where Trump has property, including Egypt, Turkey and Azerbaijan.
- This ban is an attempt at a ban on a specific religion. If we allow this, we open the gates to Hell, as registries and worse are not far behind.