Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Horrible Chemical They Put in Dog Food

Can you believe they put this horrible chemical in dog food??!! From Science Post:

World Health Organization classifies Monsanto’s Dihydrogen Monoxide as “probably carcinogenic”

SWITZERLAND – The World Health Organization struck a huge blow against Monsanto today when they classified one of their most used chemicals, dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO), as “probably carcinogenic.”

“Monsanto uses this chemical in almost everything they make and studies show that if humans consume too much of it, they will die,” said WHO spokesman Kevin Sennapithy. “Along with red meat, we must classify this chemical as probably carcinogenic.”

Monsanto admits to using DHMO is several of their pesticides and herbicides and concedes that it may even be found in some of the food that makes it to your table.

“It is true: we cannot say for certain that there is no chance DHMO will be in the food you eat,” said Monsanto CEO Lucifer Diablo. “But as long as we keep making money who really cares?”

Several anti-GMO advocates are obviously outraged that Monsanto are using this as more evidence to go against the agricultural giant.

“There has been little to no long-term studies of DHMO,” said anti-GMO advocate Vani Hari. “Also, I have trouble pronouncing those words, so you shouldn’t be ingesting it anyway.”

A rally is being organized by March Against Monsanto for early next month.


Joe Mama said...

Rumors also abound that Monsanto discharges nearly pure DHMO into surface waters at nearly every manufacturing facility! Activists claim EPA is doing nothing to stop these discharges.

Tests repeatedly show that DMHO rots the roots right off of the most critically endangered xerophytes. Disposing of DMHO by injecting it into the earth's crust has been implicated in increases in the number of earthquakes in states like Oklahoma and Ohio.

Personally, I subscribe to the belief that ingesting more C2H5OH is a potential antidote to the damaging effects of DMHO.

PipedreamFarm said...

and it's a toxin with well measured LD50s

John Watts said...

Should have saved this one for April first.