Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Explode the Code






I've delayed bringing on the pups because Moxie is so small (9 pounds) and she is SO amped for bear.

I have been working them both on squirrels in the go-to-ground tunnel in the back yard, and they've been doing great. But the squirrels get wise, and I am stupid, and so while loading a squirrel yesterday I let it go prematurely. What to do?

Never deterred too long, I pulled out a bigger box trap and caught a raccoon! Things progressed nicely, and the raccoon was released safe and sound (and well fed) after a little terrier training. "No animals were harmed in the making of this movie." With any luck, this raccoon will move out of the neighborhood and stop raiding my neighbor's trash can.



Up a mulberry tree next to the pond, just as the night falls.

No comments: