Friday, June 20, 2014

Why No One in Government Cares About You

If 60 percent of the people do not vote, and most of them are young or poor, easily distracted. low-information, lazy, or disorganized, why should politicians care about them?

If 80 percent of campaign contributions come from companies, trade association, PACS, and folks with incomes of over $200,000, why should politicians care too much about the other 20 percent who give so little?

AMERICA CHOSE THIS CONGRESS through inaction. Even if you voted (and statistics say you probably did not), you almost certainly did not give more than $200 to a candidate from any party last year. As a consequence, YOU DO NOT EXIST. You do not exist because of your own INACTION.

No comments: