Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bribery, Extortion or Incentivized Listening?

Over at TechDirt they dare to ask Is Lobbying Closer To Bribery... Or Extortion?

Actually, I think it's neither; it's something different -- what I would call incentivized listening.

It's pretty rare for a policy maker to be "bought" out right. More likely he or she is intentionally listening to only one side of the story.

The clip below was shot in November for a film in production about the DC Influence Industry. I am not sure why they thought I should be interviewed (I am no expert on lobbying!), but if someone wants to ask me questions on a Saturday, I will answer them, and let's see if anyone salutes!

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

Nice work. I wonder if they will ever be able to complete their film?

Seahorse

Miss Margo said...

I liked this interview!

I would definitely watch a documentary on this important subject.

I agree with you: lobbying and campaign contributions buy access.