Monday, May 02, 2011

Terrier-Man


This is Mountain yesterday in a terrier-man pose I rather like.   Mountain is saying "it was this big."

Jemima Harrison took this photo yesterday with her trusty I-phone.

Ms. Harrison was in town for an HSUS dog conference, and she and I went out for a quick dig on Sunday before the rain set in.

Gideon actually did the work (possum and groundhog, both dug to and released up a tree unharmed) but Mountain found the last active sette of the day under a massive log stack. I pulled Mountain from that sette just before the rain really settled in, and Jemima and I bolted for lunch in Frederickburg. I was very glad I had a clean shirt in the truck!
.

3 comments:

grapfhics said...

I hope she had the best time with you and the dogs.

PBurns said...

I can't speak for her, but I always have a blast and I don't miss too many meals, LoL. We threw down meat with a group of doggie types on Friday (where I learned about the danger of pointy knives from an otherwise brilliant Brit), did a little of the museum thing on Saturday (J saw one of the only two surviving V-2 rockets left in the world), and then we dug two in short order in soft earth in the space of 100 yards straight out of the truck. God bless America, land that I love.

P

Seahorse said...

Great photo of a happy dirt dog.

Seahorse :)