Thursday, July 08, 2010

A Jack Russell is Expected to Carry Its Owner


Different terrier breeds have different standards, of course.

The P@W (Pet At Work) is an ingenious solution for those of you who enjoy taking your small pet with you to work, traveling or visiting friends and family. Not only can your pet be carried safely in the back-pack carrier, but there is also room for your laptop and the portable dog house. The P@W features a wonderful foldable Pet Dome, a perfect soft crate so that your pet can enjoy the security of home while at your office or anywhere that you wish to take him. the Pet Dome comes with a soft double sided comfort mat. Pet Dome and cushion come with the P@W but additional ones can be ordered separately. The P@W is expandable from compact, to standard, to expanded, its dimensions are (W)15"X16"(H) both fixed dimensions, and depth 9", 13" or 16" when fully expanded. Source Price: $178.

.

3 comments:

seeker said...

I always laugh at these contraptions. My male Jack Russell Abbott is only an 8 inch tall shorty but hates to be carried. I couldn't get him IN one of these things much less get him to STAY there. LOL!! We won't even ask Bridget, the 11 in bouncing bundle of bark. My dogs are made for better things to do than ride in a canvas bag.

Debi in TX

Mailey E. McLaughlin, M.Ed. said...

Seriously, why do dogs under 20 pounds even come with legs anymore? They can just all be carried in pouches.

That thing is stupid and worth making fun of, but I've seen worse. The pet strollers with little cabana covers, painted pink or blue, make me want to vomit.

"Cruising Companions Classic Pink Stroller is a sporty choice for outdoor enthusiasts." You know, I believe dogs are the original "outdoor enthusiasts," and they would say, if they could, "let me walk you two-legged freak!"

And this one is even better:
http://www.petedge.com/product/Guardian-Gear-Sprinter-EXT-Stroller-Dog-Stroller/55001.uts

"For those who want to run with their dogs." Seriously?

Linda Ward said...

To be fair, I have a JRT xterrier, a miniature Dachshund half his height, and usually have a puppy Maltese who is just under 6 months with me as well. I also have a Greyhound. For every step the Grey takes, the little ones take about 42. They're all used to doing a lot of walking, but there's no doubt the puppy can't walk as much as the adults. When we go for a day out, I have to carry him at some point if I don't want to keep stopping for him sleep. I draw the line at a pushchair, but I do put him in a sort of sling thing when he's really tired. Either that, or tuck him in my coat. He managed 90 mins this morning, but he was starting to lie down every time I stopped walking towards the end.