Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Worst Messaging By a Candidate This Year

Jake Tapper over at ABC News reports:

In a speech in Philadelphia today, Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, will compare herself to Philly icon Rocky Balboa.

"Well, could you imagine if Rocky Balboa had gotten half way up those Art Museum steps and said, 'Well, I guess that’s about far enough?'" Clinton will ask, according to her prepared remarks released to the press.

"Let me tell you something, when it comes to finishing the fight, Rocky and I have a lot in common," she will tell the Pennsylvania A.F.L.-C.I.O. audience. "I never quit. I never give up. And neither do the American people."

Um….Senator?

Rocky lost.

It was a split decision, but the judges (superdelegates?) awarded the fight to Rocky's black opponent, Apollo Creed.
Priceless.

In other news, Hillary's approval rating seems to be falling fast in Pennsylvania, with it down to just five points if the Rasmussen poll is to be believed. And on the other side of the fence, McCain's supporters have come out with a bold new musical video.
.

No comments: