Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Owl House Is a Very, Very Nice House


]The Owl Box is Up!

I located it behind my shed, on an open-trail flight path into the big forest. There’s a small pond a few hundred yards to the left, and a creek a few hundred yards to the right, and a fair-sized marsh about 500 yards away, with acorn-heavy tall oaks and some beech trees on about 400 acres of forest which is connected to farm lands. I can see the owl box from the back deck and hot tub, but it’s pretty far away and in the forest edge so the owls should feel very secure. Special thanks to my son-in-law who helped me hoist the box up (two ropes were used for safety). The box is help up with wooden “french cleats” and lag bolts. It’s 15 feet up, and very secure.

As I rolled the tools back to shed and garage, I began to sing an old Graham Nash song:
Owl house
Is a very very fine house,
With four dogs in the yard,
Life used to be so hard,
Now everything is easy
Because of hoo-oot.”

No comments: