Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tracking a Lost iPhone


I took 30 minutes to drive down to a marsh and squeeze off a few pictures… and in the process damn near ruined my day.

While putting a dog back in the vehicle, I apparently put my phone on top of the car… and then drove down a gravel road next to the swamp.

Later, when I got to DC and couldn’t find the phone, I backtracked to a few commercial places I’d been, but no phone.

At home, 55 miles away, I activated my “find phone” app, and it said my phone was on the gravel road next to the swamp, about 40 miles away.

Long story short, I used my wife’s phone to find my lost phone on the gravel road, but in the interim, it had been run over by my car or someone else’s. 

The good news is that while the screen was cracked, the phone still worked, and after depositing $29 and waiting an hour, the local T-Mobile store had me back together as good as new.

Small miracle!

No comments: