Sunday, October 04, 2020

A Local Bear Attack


In a country which actually has large predators, we use this kind of story to point out the benefits of Obamacare, not to demonize bears.

"He was super fast, and he was my height when he stood up in front of me," she said. "It was terrifying because all I saw was claws, nose, and eyes. I got two sharp bites in my left leg, above my knee. I felt like a rag doll because then I was in another direction." 


Levow finally wrestled the bear off her, played dead while bleeding for ten terrifyingly silent minutes, before she was finally able to call 911. But she suffered two bites to the head.


"He bit me once on this side and he came across on top to here," she said pointing at her scalp."He sniffed me, gruffed or grumbled a little, and then I didn’t hear him anymore."


Note that her dogs chased the bear before the bear turned to defend itself.


A reminder to put your dogs on a leash or e-collar.  

No comments: