Thursday, August 27, 2020

Biking the Dogs to a Dig?



I took the dogs out in 96 degree heat, mostly to see if carrying a smaller stainless T-bar probe (rather than the longer and heavier digging bar) on the bicycle was possible. It is, even if it’s a bit odd-looking poking out the back. I don’t think I’ve figured it out yet. More experimentation needed. The front wheel has to be able to steer, and I need to be able to peddle, and the bar can’t scratch up the frame. If I shorten the bar, it could be strapped next to the shovell, pole snare, and machete, which may be the right idea. as this is a probe not a digging bar; i.e. an entirely different thing. Tomorrow I am going to pad the bar with pipe insulation to prevent the bike frame from getting dinged, and turn the bar around so it runs across the top tube. That might work.
The dogs and I explored a bit of riverside corn field, but it was so hot that I was not disappointed they did not find in the short distance we walked.

No comments: