My Ames Pony shovel fits so perfectly it seems as if the pack was designed to carry it. My snare, machete, long-handled trowel, and tie outs all fir perfectly as well.
The main pack is more than big enough for water on hot days, a veterinary kit, leashes, etc. The shoulder straps are well-padded, as is the back and the hip belt.
This thing is very well constructed (a lifetime guarante!) and is MADE IN AMERICA too.
You will not find a better price on a bow-rifle pack either.
Brookwood's Bow / Rifle Backpack
- Size: 20" x 14" x 8"
- Front Panel holds a Bow or Rifle securely with 2 straps and a padded protective cover
- Made of Water-repellent Suede-Cloth, a quiet and super tuff material that resists burrs
- Front zippered pocket with organizer and an additional front accessory pocket
- Two side zippered pockets
- internal frame (removable)
- Main compartment has an internal water bladder pocket
- Padded back with moisture wicking fabric
- Padded waist belt with detachable belt strap
- Padded, ergonomic shoulder straps with non-slip rubberized strips
- Sternum strap for a secure fit
- Made in U.S.A.
- Manufacturer Lifetime Guarantee
- Three camo patterns available