Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FREE Dog in the Mail for Handing Out 20 Coupons


Get this FREE real live miniature dog in the mail for handing out just 20 coupons.

Seems totally legitimate to me!

Keep it in a shoe box.

Sounds easy enough! What's not to love?

NOTE:  I am shocked to find that Mrs. Ruth Long does not actually exist and no dogs (or monkeys as were offered in other ads) were ever sent out.  It turns out that Dean Studios was a partnership of three brothers: Clark H. Geppert, Byron Geppert and Fidelis Geppert. On September 29, 1960, the Geppert brothers were issued a Cease and Desist order by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive promotional practices. 
.

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

That would explain why I never got my monkey. OR, my SEA monkeys, either.

Seahorse :(

Doordashjournal said...

Good fuck them scumbags!!!! I see ANYONE hurt an animal(s) I'll fuck your shit right up!!! NO FUCKS GIVEN