Monday, April 04, 2011

Digging on the Dogs

Gideon on Sunday.

Cson and I hit the fields but came up blank despite 100 holes.  

It's the weather and the season -- rain all day Thursday and Friday, followed by more rain and HAIL on Saturday, and a Sunday high temperature of 45 degrees.

Ironically it was over 80 degrees out today -- but with more rain and a cold snap coming tonight. 

Ah well.  The dogs had fun, I got my second sunburn of the season, and I got to see Cson's Toast slide to ground like the little trooper she is.  The season is still young; the geese aren't even nesting yet! 
.
.

4 comments:

seeker said...

Is Cson's Toast a new bitch you have or am I confused. I've possibly lost track of your dogs while you were on sabatical. Is that Gideon in your arms. I've always loved your description of 'he has a head like an anvil'. While that isn't a lovely description, it certainly fits a Jack well.

Thanks again for returning to us. We may not always agree and that's okay, but you always make me think and that's the best part.

Debi and the TX Jacks

PBurns said...

No, that's Gideon in both pics -- my happy little man. Toast is Cson's dog, but she didn't send me a picture! Gideon was in **love** with her. OK, in lust (sigh). Gideo is very highly charged. That little roll on his neck is where he keep his condoms, a bottle of gin, two extra bladders, and his third testicle. Did I mention he's a happy dog? True!

Seahorse said...

That boy's got some muscles! His haunches look like pork chops, and knowing your philosophy about feeding, there's no fat on 'em!

Seahorse

C. Johnson said...

all in all.....a good day out. good weather, good dogs, good company.