Friday, April 17, 2009

Everywhere is New, Same as It Ever Was

I'm planning a train trip to London-Paris-Madrid-Gibralter-Tangier-Fez-Marakech with my son, and my father sent me a note from a travel book which said Marakech is not what it used to be.

Ah well, what is? People are wiping out every place we ever thought was anywhere.

On the other hand, every place is new every day and I am pretty sure the Garden of Eden is not what it once was, and that neither is Olduvai Gorge.

Which, of course, reminded me of these "mad dance" videos.

A bit of fun to watch at the end of the week. Enjoy!







.

1 comment:

Elby the Beserk said...

I went to Marrakech in 1971. As I stepped off the bus in the middle of town, from the station on the edge of town, the first thing I espied was a ....



Wimpey bar.

So ... it was changing even back then!