Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Kennel Club's Journey Into a Minefield

Apparentky, I have not been keeping up. I will try to do better!

I start with a mea culpa because it seems I have missed this missive, written back in August, from Greg Mousley, the Chairman of the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain, about the Kennel Club's pulling of the Jack Russell onto the roles of the Kennel Club.

Very glad to see this!

Read the whole thing!




My own piece about the mess was written five or six weeks back, and can be found here.

Greg Mousley wrote another piece earlier this month, appended below.  Excellent!



As I noted in my earlier post:
And will it stop with Jack Russells? It will not.

At some point in the not-too-distant future, the Kennel Club is likely to reach out for the Patterdale.

Remember, it takes only a handful of pretenders and dog dealers to make a breed club under whose auspices the Kennel Club can raise its flag. And the Kennel Club’s tar pit is more than just cunning and powerful. It is also patient.

No comments: