Saturday, September 14, 2013

North American Pocket Lurcher


My lovely wife got her new dog, an Italian Greyhound/American Rat Terrier mix.  He's neutered, weighs 10 pounds, is just over 1 year old, and is not a working dog, but a "let's go to the store" dog for her in retirement.  A love sponge, in other words.

This little fellow moves like a ballerina, as sight hounds do, and he's very mellow and quiet. Perfect!

I will write in another post about my wife's experiences, and my observations, about the world of rescue. Suffice it to say, it all worked out. Now, we have to come up with a name... and a full breed history.



3 comments:

Water Over The Dam said...

Eagerly awaiting more information on this ancient and storied breed. Alas, when I Google "Pocket Lurcher" all I find is "pocket gopher."

Congrats on the new dog.

seeker said...

Congratulations to your new pack member. I dearly hope that she's as happy with him as you are with Gideon.

Debi and the 3 Texas Jacks.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Handsome little dog! Hope he brings you and your wife much joy.

Rescue is an interesting world, I agree. When we adopted our first rescue dog, we went through a couple of interviews and a home visit before being approved. I appreciated the care that the rescue took in placing our dog with us.