Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Training Wild Crows



Imagine if every city had training machines for pigeons and crows in every city park, with every machine training a slightly different trick.

Now imagine if the machines were set up to chain several behaviors together -- they could be made to be progressive. 

What would we train the crows?  What would we train the pigeons?

Should we train the rats?

Now, let's get down to it.  I have yard foxes.  They come every night.  What should I train them to do, now that I have trained them to come? 

I think getting them to pull a cord to lift a lid for more food will be fairly easy. 

In theory, of course. 

In theory, theory and practice are always the same, but in practice they are often quite different.
.
..

2 comments:

Seahorse said...

Well, that was pretty nifty. As for your yard fox, train them to vacuum and send them to my house.

Seahorse

3Laiki said...

Don't forget your wig and mask!