Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My Car Runs on Starbucks



Over at Treehugger, they dare look into the future. And what do they see?

Why free power for all our vehicles!


Eh? How does that work?

Simple: In the future one of the way businesses may compete with each other for customers is by providing free electricity for their patrons in their parking lots.

WalMart or Target?

Whichever has the free charging station for our electric cars!

Safeway, Giant, or Fresh Fields?

Whoever has a place where I can plug in my electric scooter or Chevy Volt for free!

Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or McDonald's?

I don't know ... Who has the free juice?

As crazy as this sounds, it makes total sense. Two coffees at Starbucks is a 20-minute journey that can easily set me back $8. For a mere dime or two, however, Starbucks could make their stores a "daily destination" where I recharged my batteries with coffee, even as my car recharged its batteries with a 220-volt connection.

Remember when gas stations gave us free drinking glasses with every fill up? In the future we may get a free fill-up with every run to to the mall or dinner out.

Brilliant!


.

No comments: