Saturday, September 19, 2026

Getting Plants In Before the Rain



It looks like rain for the next 5 days or so, which is perfect, as I have all 20 Wood Ferns in the ground, as well as 5 Christmas Ferns, and the 4 Pieris.  I’ve also over-seeded with grass seed that I soaked for three days before mixing it with Moorganite and spreading.

I still have 16 smaller plants to get into the ground, but they’re fine in pots for now, and will get placed after — or perhaps between — the rains.

The 16 small plants include two Bee Balms, three smaller ferns of unknown type (one is labeled Tassel Fern), a Japanese Holly-fern, four Salvia, and six pink Hummingbird Mints.  These will join the many Black-eyed Susans, Day-lilies, Daffodils, and Cat Mints in the side yard and the orchard area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, and all zombies, trolls, time wasters, and anonymous cowards will be shot.

If you do not know what that means, click here and read the whole thing.

If you are commenting on a post, be sure to actually read the post.

New information, corrections, and well-researched arguments are always appreciated.

- The Management