Friday, September 30, 2016

Two New Vehicles


The great silver gas gobbler Ford Explorer is gone.  I got her at 30,000 miles in 2007 (she was a 2005), and put 95,000 more miles on her.  She got 15 mpg if I was lucky, and I said when I got her that she was going to be my last pure gasoline engine.

I traded her in for a like-new 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid that gets 40 mpg and has 34,000 miles on the odometer.  The new car (made in Michigan by union workers) has a lot of fancy bells and whistles (panorama roof, heated seats, blue tooth, GPS, etc.), but the main deal is the back seats fold dead flat for the dogs and tools.I took the pit bull for a ride, and the terriers will get their turn later today.


The wife (I must remember to ask if she has a name) got a new used car too -- a 2013 Ford Edge with 63,000 miles on it. I'm not sure she was due for a new car, but then I left her at a car dealership with an old Jeep that she did not like. What was I thinking???  

My new car is "Ice Storm" which is a pale diluted metallic blue-green. The wife's big boat is a bright white. I will call it "Moby".

No comments: