The entire nation is laughing at the hysterical histrionics of the Republican hype machine.
But to review reality for those who like to keep score:
- When Obama came into office, General Motors was dead and Osama Bin Laden was alive.
- Today, Osama Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is the largest car maker in the world.
- Yesterday the Dow hit 13,000 -- a 24% increase in the last 4 months.
- Al-Qaeda is on life support.
- Muammar Gaddafi is dead and we did not lose a soldier thanks to Obama's correct leadership.
- The war on fraud in Medicare and Medicaid is racking up record recoveries thanks to enforcement efforts we did not see under Bush.
- Wall Street is terrified Dodd Frank will force them to not cheat.
- A new proposed tax restructuring will end tax subsidies to companies that move manufacturing jobs overseas, even as it lowers tax rates on companies than manufacture here in America.
- National health care legislation means that since everyone will get sick someday, everyone has to now pay for insurance, and the insurance industry has to treat us like a large group; no more cherry picking!
- Illegal immigrant entries have cratered thanks to massive law enforcement at the border and increased enforcement of employer sanctions at the job site.
- More oil and natural gas is being drilled in the U.S. now than before Obama came into office.
- Obama has saluted the 2nd amendment as an individual right, has gone trout fishing on the Gallatin River (and he got a new fly rod for his birthday), and taken wolves off of the Endangered Species List.
- Obama has not cheated on his wife, has not written many years of racists newsletters, and has not embraced a Taliban-like Big Government Program to patrol what goes on in your bedroom.
- Compare and contrast. Choose or lose. Remember in November.