Wednesday, August 04, 2010

A Jack Russell Terrier Gnaws Off a Drunk's Toe...



A Jack Russell Terrier gnaws off a drunk's toe, and he's pretty happy about it for some reason.


"A dog bit off a man's long-infected big toe while he was passed out from a drinking binge. Upon waking, he goes to the hospital, where he is told he has diabetes. The dog apparently ate only diseased tissue. Only one thing smells like bacon...and it's gangrene!"


Losing a toe to a dog is a pretty poor way to diagnose diabetes, if you ask me, but then I supported Obama-care and I don't drink, so what do I know?

Read more here and here and here.
.

8 comments:

Anton said...

I've read some stories before about dogs smelling cancer in certain body parts. (it was a serious article not some hippie shit ;)

Id have to dig it up.

Anton said...

oh and good chance th guy wouldn't have develoepd diabetes if i was eating right ;)

seeker said...

Like Anton said, dogs have this ability. My dermatologist removed a mole from my shoulder when I told him my dog kept licking it. It wasn't cancer yet but it had some
suspicious cells. This guy's dog knew better than he did that there something wrong. Because we know all you men never have anything wrong with you. It's always 'fine' LOL!

Debi in Texas (married 37 years to a fine type of guy.)

YesBiscuit! said...

I love this story.
Sadly, many Pitbulls have been killed for far less. I can't help wondering how this story would have played in the media had the dog been a Pitbull.

Éadaoin said...

Ew. Seriously ew.

panavia999 said...

I've heard lots about dogs' ability to sniff out cancer, but in this particular case I think it's just the typical dog fondness for icky stuff.

Seahorse said...

I know a woman who owns a cadaver dog. This dog, usually perfectly behaved, went NUTS for months and months in the presence of her son. The dog would sniff his head incessantly, scratch at him and pretty seriously carry on. She nearly had to give the dog away. Long story short, the boy fell ill, and they discovered he had a rotting tumor in his brain. As soon as it was removed the dog resumed her normal behavior.

Seahorse

HTTrainer said...

What I do not get is that his wife is a "registered nurse"
and she let all this happen?