Friday, June 05, 2009

Drowning in Rain



With a third consecutive day of moderate to heavy showers (i.e. 5 inches of rain in 5 days) flood watches and warnings are in effect, and the Potomac River below my house is starting to look pretty swollen.

The Washington DC region continues to add to precipitation totals ranging up to 300% of average over the last 30 days. May 2009 is firmly in position as the 6th wettest in Washington history.

So, bottom line, will I be able to dig this weekend? Doubtful, but maybe.

Let's see what happens Saturday and Sunday. Any rain on either day will be a killer. . . .

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish that weather would come here. We're way below average precip, creek and lake levels are down, lawn is turning brown and I have to water seedlings and transplants twice a day to keep them going.

Living the life in The Little City said...

I'm waiting for my basement to leak. This weather is a good test for it.