Thursday, December 06, 2007

Christmas Just Around the Corner

It's that time of year, with Christmas just around the corner.

As I do every year, I recommend making a donation in someone's name to the Heifer Project -- a good organization that gives farm animals and animal husbandry skills to impoverished people in the developing world. You can give modest gifts of a flock of chickens or ducks or a hive of bees, a goat or even a water buffalo. These are gifts that keep on giving and make the rural world a more sustainable and less frightening place.

A gift your dog will love is American Working Terriers. Order now to get it in time -- I do not stock them here and the JRTCA is sure to run out. While you are at it, order an American Working Terrier mug or shirt from one of the online stores at the right of this blog -- 100% of any money raised here (i.e. every dime over cost) goes to terrier rescue.

I used to tell folks to check out low-cost places like Cheaper Than Dirt , Sportmans's Guide, and Bargain Outfitters, but they are not the great deals they once were. Check them out anyway; time is money. Also take a spin at AM Leonard for great shovels (Ames Pony, D-Handle), and consider getting the greatest leather leash ever made (in my opinion), a 1/2" Eurolead.

.

1 comment:

Gina Spadafori said...

My writing partner (Dr. Marty Becker) got me a goat for Christmas!